In The News
- An education dock will be built at Sunset Hill Farm County Park in Liberty township. It will be a collaboration between PCCTE and Porter County Parks and Recreation Department
- Porter County Career Center and AmeriCorps prepare students for future careers
- Vincennes University, Porter County Career Center partner for Early College Program
- Porter County Career Center students film videos warning of distracted driving
- Chesterton High School class builds for the community
- Precision machining paves the way for some students
- Some NWI high schools are giving students on-the-job training
- Boone Grove student wins Auto Show video contest
Cancellation/School Delay Decisions
The Porter County Career and Tech Center and SELF School follow the cancellation/school delay decisions of the Valparaiso Community Schools. All other CTE sites follow the school closing decisions of the host school.
All commuting students should drive carefully and use common sense and their parent’s input when deciding if it is safe to drive to their CTE location.
In the event of severe or inclement weather, school may be delayed or canceled. Please use the following sources to track any weather related delays or cancellations: