The study of how to work with various electrical and computer systems, often as they complement one another.
GRADE: 11 & 12 | DUAL CREDIT OPTION
Your future is bright if you wish to enter this field as a career. Employment opportunities are expected to increase faster than the average rate for all occupations due to an increased demand for computers, communications equipment, military electronics, and electronic consumer goods. If you choose this “hands-on” program, you’ll have the opportunity to work on amplifiers, computers, fiber optics, robotics, home and car audio, security alarm systems and much more.
- Purdue University
- Vincennes University
- Ivy Tech Community College
- University of Southern Indiana
- Indiana State University
- Lincoln Tech
- Cooperative Educational Program with US Steel and Arcelor Mittal
- Electronics Equipment Repairer
- Computer Technician
- Small Business Owner
- Office Equipment Technician
- Automotive Sound Installer
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Communication Equipment Mechanic
- And Many More…
Mr. Thormahlen studied at Valparaiso Technical Institute, Purdue University, and Valparaiso University then spent 40 years in residential, commercial and industrial construction industries. He has been teaching for the past 5 years. A fun note that he shared is he is left handed!